Bluehost Review 2022: If you are a guy like me who spends most of his time online then I bet that once or twice while surfing through the Internet you get yourself face slammed with another(boring) Bluehost ad.
Well, I have been in this web development industry for a while and pretty much have an idea about a good hosting provider or a bad hosting provider.
And, let me assure you Bluehost is not among the bad ones but that doesn’t mean it’s a good hosting service provider, it’s somewhere swinging in between.
I said swinging in between because their hosting service is only good for the people starting out for the first time.
So before discussing Is Bluehost for you or not? Let’s talk about the background of the company first.
A Bit About Bluehost: Bluehost Review 2022
If you already didn’t know before let me tell you that Bluehost is actually part of a massive international corporation Endurance International Group (EiG), which is surprisingly the parent company of HostGator & iPage.
And even more surprisingly both of these companies are hosting service providers like Bluehost.
This solves the mystery of why there are a lot of ads popping around everywhere on the internet.
Well, Bluehost was actually not always under EiG’s umbrella, it was founded in Provo, Utah in 2003 and earlier bought off by Endurance International Group (EiG) in the year 2010.
Is Bluehost for you?
Yes, Bluehost is for you if you are a beginner and don’t have a huge budget.
You can get started by buying any of their Shared Web Hosting Plans starting at just $2.95/month. In this plan, you will get a free domain for 1st year, a free SSL certificate, 24/7 customer support.
In my opinion, people who are just starting out don’t know about a lot of complex technical things that’s where Bluehost comes in and takes care of it all.
Being a beginner you are bound to be stuck at some point then you can take the help of Bluehost’s 24/7 customer support.
Their hosting is best for bloggers and not for an e-commerce website with many products, as bloggers just have to figure out their niche and the rest will be done by Bluehost.
Also Read: Top 10 Web Development Agencies to Work With!
Products offered by Bluehost: Bluehost Review 2022
Before talking about all the Pros and Cons of Bluehost, let’s quickly take a look at all the products offered by them.
- Domain: Yes you can buy domains directly from Bluehost although you might not agree with the prices. You can buy any domain at $12.99 for a year and get it renewed at a much higher price of $17.99. That is slightly higher than most of the popular sites.
- Shared Web Hosting: It is the best plan for people who are not looking towards managing heavy sites with thousands of products and pages for that you need a dedicated web hosting. Shared web hosting is just like sharing a room but in this case you are sharing your server space.
- VPS Web Hosting: VPS stands for Virtual Private Server, it simply is a type of hosting that lies somewhere between Shared Web Hosting and Dedicated Web Hosting. In simple human language after buying this web hosting you’ll share the server space with other clients but there will be an invisible virtual wall in between your project and theirs.
- Dedicated Web Hosting: If your aim is to gain a lot of traffic or start an e-commerce with a many products or pages then you can go for this type of web hosting plan. Entire server space will be yours no one will bother you.
- Reseller Hosting: Intersted in starting your own web hosting business then you can go for Bluehost reseller hosting. By choosing this you don’t have to take care of the infrastructure it will be taken care of by Bluehost itself.
- WordPress Web Hosting: If you are sure about starting a website using only wordpress, then you can go for this plan. As it is fully optimized for wordpress.
- Blue Sky: If you want a service that provides you with a team of experienced professional who can help and guide you along the way than Bluehost’s Blue Sky is that service. Once you buy Blue Sky’s service a team will be assigned to you, that will help you with any query you are having with you website or even hosting servers. You even get access to WordPress Live support. It’s an addon service that you can purchase if needed.
- Website Builder for WordPress: Yes they have got an exclusive Website Builder for WordPress that can help you create website using Drag and Drop features. Huh maybe they haven’t heard of Elementor. Well it’s an additional service that can be bought with hosting.
- Domain Name, Email with Microsoft 365: Keep in mind that in order to use this additional service you need to have any of the Bluehost web hosting. You will get your own professional email that matches your domain, access all the tools like word, excel and powerpoint at one place. Do video meetings with your team to prevent miscommunication.
Being so big and having hosted over 2 million domains all around the world shockingly they do not offer Cloud Web Hosting.
Pros and cons of Bluehost: Bluehost Review 2022
Even though Bluehost offers so many good hosting plans at such low rates but Is their service worth it? or are they are just selling bad products at a low price to attract foolish customers.
We will know once we know about its pros and cons.
- Free Domain for 1 year
- Free SSL Certificate
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Single Click Site Setup
- Excellent Server Uptime
- Easy to use C-Panel
- High Domain Renewal Charges
- Migration Charges
- Not good for High Traffic site
- No Cloud Hosting
So finally, let’s discuss Bluehost Pros and Cons in more detail.
- Free Domain for 1 year: Yes you don’t have to worry about buying domain from other sites. You will be getting one for free from Bluehost for 1 year that can be renewed next year.
- Free SSL Certificate: Along with a free domain for a year you will also be getting free SSL certificate. That will enhace your sites security and protect it against cyber attacks.
- 24/7 Customer Support: One of the best things about Bluehost is that they provide all of their clients with 24/7 customer support. That most certianly is not provided by any other web hosting company at such entry level price.
- Single Click Site Setup: This is one of the best pros of Bluehost even without having no technical expertise you can set up your website with not more than two clicks.
- Excellent Server Uptime: Another thing Bluehost boasts about is excellent server uptime that was almost 99.75%. From the data we got from our own Bluehost hosted site that we monitered or over a week.
- Easy to use C-Panel: With Bluehost you get an amazing easy to use c-panel. That anyone with no technical expertise can navigate through.
- High Domain Renewal Charges: It was bound to happen after getting a domain free for year. You will have to pay exceptionally high domain renewal chages.
- Migration Charges: Yes you won’t believe me but they do charge for a simple thing like website migration. They charge upto $149 for migrating site from one platform to another.
- Not good for High Traffic site: As I earlier said that if you are looking towards sending high traffic to your site than Bluehost entry level plan might not be a good choice for you. You can upgrade to one of their dedicated web hosting service.
- No Cloud Hosting: Yes being so big and mighty Bluehost lacks the Cloud hosting service. That many other of its competitor offers like HostGator, Hostinger, and Siteground.
Bluehost Pricing: Bluehost Review 2022
Fun fact for you guys Did you know that Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress as the best web hosting company.
Here in this segment of our post Bluehost Review 2022 we will now be discussing the Bluehost pricing for all of its web hosting plans and services.
WordPress Web Hosting
As you can see there’s an option to buy Bluehost WordPress Web Hosting for either 12 months or 36 months. That is further subdivided into 4 plans.
|Choice Plus Plan|
- Basic Plan: As Bluehost says this plan is best for a blog or a small site that do not has that much memory usage or even heavy traffic. You can buy this plan for a single website at $2.95/month for 12 months or at $4.95/month for 36 months. In this plan you will be getting 1 free domain for a year, free CDN, free SSL, 50GB SSD storage, custom themes and 24/7 custom support. It also includes Website Builder that offers WordPress Integration, Drag and Drop Functionality, AI-Driven Templates. Keep in mind that this plan will auto renew at regular rate of $9.99/month for 12 months and $8.99/month for 36 months.
- Plus Plan: This plan is best for small business who are looking to host multiple sites on their servers. You get to host unlimited websites with unlimited SSD storage plus all the features of Basic plan and Office 365 for 30 days. You can buy this plan at $5.45/month for 12 months or at $7.45/month for 36 months. After the end of initial term of 12 or 36 months you can renew this plan at regular rate of $13.99/month for 12 months and $11.99/month for 36 months.
- Choice Plus Plan: Looking for more features at the same price of Plus plan than you go for this one and get features like free domain privacy and free automated backup for 1 year. Like I said you can buy this plan at $5.45/month for 12 months or at $7.45/month for 36 months with all the features of Plus plan. This plan will be renewed at much higher cost than the plus plan at regular rate of $18.99/month for 12 months and $16.99/month for 36 months.
- Pro Plan: This plan is best for blogs or websites and businesses that attracts high traffic. You can buy this plan at $13.95/month for 12 months or at $18.95/month for 36 months. Along with all the features of choice plus plan you will also get features like optimized CPU resources, free automated backup and free dedicated IP. After the end of initial term of 12 or 36 months you can renew this plan at regular rate of $28.99/month for 12 months and $26.99/month for 36 months.
You can also click here to check out Bluehost’s WordPress Web Hosting for yourself.
Managed WordPress Hosting
Unlike Bluehost WordPress Web Hosting that can be purchased for 12 months or 36 months, you can only buy this plan for 36 months only for a single WordPress website. All of this plan is subdivided into 3 plans i.e, Build, Grow and Scale.
- Build Plan: You can buy this plan for 36 months at $9.95/month. This plan is best for websites that are attracting upto 50,000 visits/month. In this plan you will get upto 20GB of storage, 200+ Global Edge Servers, free SSL, staging environment, built-in high availability. Additional features inlcude jetpack personal, daily scheduled backups, malware detection and removal, domain privacy & protection, and 30 day free trial of microsoft email. This plan can be renewed at a regular rate of $19.95/month.
- Grow Plan: You can buy this plan for 36 months at $14.95/month. This plan is best for websites that are attracting upto 150,000 visits/month. In this plan you will get all the features of the Build Plan but your storage will increase upto 40GB. And also you get some additional features too like Business Review tools, Bluehost SEO tools, 10GB video compression, and Blue Sky ticket support. This plan can be renewed at a regular rate of $24.95/month.
- Scale Plan: This plan can be purchased for 36 months at $27.95/month. This plan is best for websites that are attracting upto 500,000 visits/month. In this plan you will get all the features of the Grow Plan but your web storage will increase upto 80GB. And also you get some additional features too like Jetpack Professional, Paypal integration, Unlimited Video Compression, and Elastic search. You can renew this plan at a regular rate of $37.95/month.
Ooh, you like sharing then I think it’s time to talk about Bluehost Shared Hosting Pricing and features. You can this web hosting plan for either 12 months or 36 months. They have got 4 different plans that you can choose from.
- Basic Plan
- Plus Plan
- Choice Plus
- Pro Plan
The prices and features of all these 4 plans are exactly the same as the WordPress Web Hosting. So if you have not read it yet please scroll up and read.
In this wonderful Bluehost review, let’s talk about the Dedicated Hosting pricing & features.
If you want the whole server space for yourself, and want to host multiple sites on a single server or even create multiple servers like VPS hosting or Shared hosting servers, then you can opt. for Bluehost’s Dedicated Hosting.
They have divided their plan into three subcategories i.e, Standard, Enhanced, and Premium. You can buy this hosting for a term of 36 months only.
- Standard: You can buy this plan for 36 months at the cost of $79.99/month and it will be renewed at a regular rate of $119.99/month. In this plan you will get a cPanel & WHM with Root, Dedicated IPs – 3, one free domain, 5 TB network bandwidth, 2x-500GB Raid Level 1 storage, and a 2.3 Ghz CPU with 4 cores, 4 threads, 3MB cache also 4GB ram.
- Enhanced: This plan too can be bought for 36 months at the cost of $99.99/month and it will be renewed at a regular rate of $159.99/month. In this plan you will get a cPanel & WHM with Root, Dedicated IPs – 4, one free domain, 10 TB network bandwidth, 2×1000 GB Raid Level 1 storage, and a 2.5 Ghz CPU with 4 cores, 8 threads, 8MB cache also 8GB ram.
- Premium: You can buy this plan for 36 months at the cost of $119.99/month and it will be renewed at a regular rate of $209.99/month. In this plan you will get a cPanel & WHM with Root, Dedicated IPs – 5, one free domain, 15 TB network bandwidth, 2×1000 GB Raid Level 1 storage, and a 3.3 Ghz CPU with 4 cores, 8 threads, 8MB cache also168GB ram.
Don’t want Dedicated Hosting looking for something in between then Bluehost’s VHS Hosting might be an option for you.
This type of hosting gives you the feel of a dedicated server while sharing the server space with others but there will be an invisible virtual wall between your project and theirs.
This type of hosting is best if you want to host a coded website on the server.
This plan like most of the other plans can only be bought for a term of 36 months. They have further subdivided the plan into three sub-plans i.e, Standard, Enhanced, and Ultimate.
Let’s talk about them one by one.
- Standard Plan: This plan starts at $18.99/month for a term of 36 months and can be renewed at $29.99/ month. In this plan you will get cPanel/WHM, 1 IP Address, 1 TB Bandwidth, and a CPU with 2 GB RAM, 30 GB SSD storage, and 2 cores.
- Enhanced Plan: It starts at $29.99/month for a term of 36 months and can be renewed at $59.99/ month. In this plan you will get cPanel/WHM, 2 IP Address, 2 TB Bandwidth, and a CPU with 4 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD storage, and 2 cores.
- Ultimate Plan: You can buy this plan at $59.99/month for a term of 36 months and can be renewed at $119.99/ month. In this plan you will get cPanel/WHM, 2 IP Address, 3 TB Bandwidth, and a CPU with 8 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD storage, and 4 cores.
Bluehost’s WooCommerce Hosting is best for people looking to create an online store and sell their products. They have further subdivided it into two sub-plans i.e, Standard and Premium.
You can buy both of the plans for the term of 1 month, 12 months, and 36 months.
If you haven’t noticed it yet then let me tell you that out of all the Hostings offered by Bluehost only this plan can also be purchased for a term of 1 month.
- Standard Plan: You can buy this plan at $19.95/month for 1 month, $12.95/month for the term of 12 months that renews for $24.95/month, and $15.95 for 36 months renewed at $24.95/month. In this plan you get features like Website + Blog, Email Marketing tool, ability to upload unlimited products & Discount Codes, pre-installed Woocommerce & Jetpack, cutomer product reviews, website traffic analytics, 24/7 Customer Support, Payment Processing, Manual Order Creation, free CodeGuard Backup Basic for 1st Year, and free Office 365 trail for 30 days.
- Premium Plan: This plan costs $24.95/month for 1 month and same for 12 months that renews for $39.95/month, and $32.95 for 36 months renewed at $39.95/month. In this plan you will get all the feature of the Standard plan alsong with that some additional features. This include features like Jetpack premium, ability to do Online Bookings & Appointment Scheduling & also do product customization, Subscriptions, Local & Country Tax Management, and Free Domain Privacy + Protection.
Blue Sky is not a hosting service offered by Bluehost but it is a kind of customer support service that you can purchase along with your hosting.
In short, after buying this service a team of expert professionals will be assigned to you that will help and guide you with all the queries and issues you are having with your website or servers.
They have 3 plans i.e, Blue Sky Basic, Blue Sky Plus, and Blue Sky Pro. That can be bought for the term of 1 month, 6 months, and 12 months.
|Blue Sky Basic||Needed to be purchased again after the term ends!|
|Blue Sky Plus||Needed to be purchased again after the term ends!|
|Blue Sky Pro||Needed to be purchased again after the term ends!|
- Blue Sky Basic: You can buy this plan at $29.00/month for 1 month, $26.00/month for 6 month, and $24.00/month for 12 month. In this Blue Sky Basic plan you get On-Demand Ticket Support, Account Access Assistance, Website Back Up Assistance, and Design Guidance.
- Blue Sky Plus: This plan can be bought for $49.00/month for 1 month, $44.00/month for 6 month, and $39.00/month for 12 month. In addition to all the features of basic plan you get one additional feature i.e, On-Demand Chat Support.
- Blue Sky Pro: You can buy this plan at $149/month for 1 month, $129.00/month for 6 month, and $119.00/month for 12 month. Along with all the features of the plus plan you will get additional features like On-Demand Phone Support, Bluehost SEO Tools, Content Optimization Assistance, Landing Page Optimization Assistance, Mobile Optimization Assistance, and Constant Contact (500 Contacts.
Website Builder for WordPress
If you don’t have any prior experience in creating a website then this Bluehost’s Website Builder for WordPress can help you in that.
With this feature, you can create websites by just dragging and dropping a few elements and getting them ready to launch in no time.
This service can be bought for the term of either 12 months or 36 months. It is further subdivided into 3 plans i.e, Basic, Pro, and Online Store.
Now let’s discuss all three.
- Basic Plan: This plan can be bought at $2.95/month for 12 months & $4.95/month for the term of 36 months and can be renewed at the regular rate of $10.99/month for 12 months & same for 36 months. When you buy this plan you also get Basic WordPress Hosting. Also in this plan you will get 300+ design templates, blog post management, free SSL, free domain for 1 year, and free email marketing tool. You can use this website builder to build unlimited websites.
- Pro Plan: You can buy this plan at $9.95/month for 12 months & $12.95/month for the term of 36 months. It can be renewed at the regular rate of $14.99/month for 12 months & same for 36 months. In addition to all the features you get in Basic Plan you will get 30+ Additional Premium Design Templates, Domain Privacy, Accept Online Payments with WooCommerce, Unlimited Online Store Products, and 10+ Pricing and Packaging Template.
- Online Store Plan: This plan can be bought at $24.95/month for 12 months & $22.95/month for the term of 36 months. It can be renewed at the regular rate of $39.95/month for 12 months & same for 36 months. In addition to all the feautres of Pro Plan you will get Discount Code Generator, Online Appointment Booking, Subscription Services, In-Cart Product Customization, Local & Country Tax Management, and Codeguard Backup Basic – Included.
Domain Name Email with Microsoft 365
If you don’t have your own professional email that matches your domain name or tools that can help you keep everything in one place and also help you manage your team members on the go then you can go for this Bluehost’s service.
This service is subdivided into 3 sub-plans i.e, Email essentials, Business plus, and Business Pro. This is a license-based service.
|Email essentials||You have to buy the license again.|
|Business plus||You have to buy the license again.|
|Business Pro||You have to buy the license again.|
- Email Essentials Plan: You can purchase this plan’s license for $4.99/month. In this plan you will get features like 1 mailbox & calendar, 15GB Mailbox, Domain name email, Outlook web access, 24/7 technical support, and also World-class security and disaster recovery protection.
- Business Plan: It’s license can be bought for $9.99/month. In addition to all the features of Email Essentials Plan you will get Sharepoint for team members, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 (online), and 1 TB Cloud Storage and file sharing: OneDrive for Business.
- Business Pro: You can puchase its license for $14.99/month. Along with all the features of Business plan you get Microsoft Lists and Forms, Mile IQ, Appointment Bookings, Multiple device access per use, Access, and Publisher.
Well, when I was myself searching for good hosting service and from somewhere I heard about Bluehost Hosting but did know what are Bluehost services and pricing are, Is Bluehost good for the kind of website that I want to build.
I was pretty much confused even after reading so many Bluehost Reviews written by some famous sites.
But one thing I noticed was that they were not talking about all of the Bluehost Services and prices, and sometimes not even listing all the pros & cons of Bluehost.
I seriously felt cheated that just to earn some affiliate commissions they were being biased and in turn just talking about the pros of Bluehost or the benefits of Bluehost hosting plans.
That’s when I decided to write a review that not only talks about the pros of Bluehost Hosting but also its Cons.
Final Thoughts: Bluehost Review 2022
Ohh finally you are done with reading I hope that this blog of our i.e, Bluehost Review 2022 helped in some way in your journey of finding the best hosting for your website.
We tried to list and talk about all the Bluehost services, prices, its pros & cons, and all of its features too. If you found it at least a bit helpful then please share your opinions in the comment section below.
We would love to hear your thoughts.
Affiliate Disclosure: WebVistaar.com provides professional web hosting reviews fully independent of any other entity. Our reviews are unbiased, honest, and apply the same evaluation standards to all those reviewed. Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. This doesn’t add to your cost so be relieved. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for yourself. Please read our Affiliate Disclaimer for more information.
FAQ: Bluehost Review 2022
Is Bluehost still good in the year 2022?
I think Bluehost was never bad so yes Bluehost is still good. As a matter of fact, every hosting is good in some other way. It’s you who have to decide which of their plan suits you and your business.
Why is Bluehost bad?
Bluehost is not bad until you fast loading website cause they have still yet to solve this issue. Otherwise, they have very good uptime which is good for Blogging sites. If you are looking to host an E-commerce site on Bluehost then you should look for other hosting providers.
Is Bluehost basic worth it?
I mean yes Bluehost Basic is worth it for a single site. It just costs $2.95/month for the term of 12 months. At that cost you are getting 1 free domain for a year, free CDN, free SSL, 50GB SSD storage, custom themes, and 24/7 customer support. It also includes a Website Builder that offers WordPress Integration, Drag and Drops Functionality, AI-Driven Templates.
Is the Bluehost server really slow?
Hmm, yeah it is slower than many of the other hosting companies. But hey their uptime is good.
Is Bluehost good for E-Commerce?
Bluehost is not good for E-Commerce as such websites are heavy because thousands of products are uploaded which makes sites load much slower. Slower loading sites affect SEO that in turn affect your google rankings so no Bluehost is not good for E-commerce. But they do offer some amazing features like WooCommerce hosting to attract visitors.
Is Bluehost user-friendly hosting?
The answer is Yes, Bluehost is one of the most user-friendly hostings there is. It makes the process of creating and managing websites easy so even a non-technical person can understand it easily. Plus it automatically installs WordPress so you don’t have to do it. Also, you get one of the best customer support that is available 24/7.
Is Bluehost good for Blogs?
Yes, Bluehost is good for Blogs as they have a very low starter plan for beginners starting just at $2.95/month which is really great. It has an amazing uptime out of all the hosting. So yes Bluehost is good for blogs.
What are the types of Hosting offered by Bluehost?
There are many types of hosting offered by Bluehost. Here is the list:
1. WordPress Web Hosting
2. Managed WordPress Hosting
3. VPS Hosting
4. Shared Hosting
5. Dedicated Hosting
6. Reseller Hosting